Division of Fostering Required Medical Human Resources
Medical Informatics Team
Status : Endowed Chair Assis. Prof.
Research Field : Medical Informatics, Pediatrics
I majored in pediatrics at Jichi Children's Medical Center Tochigi, and engaged in a variety of pediatric subspecialties, such as neonatology and hematology. I became interested in medical informatics since I experienced challenges in coordination and research of clinical information in my work, and decided to enter the Department of Medical Informatics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine. I have specialized in medical natural language processing and aims to establish a system for extracting and structuring medical information from free texts.
Board Certified Fellow/trainer of the Japan Pediatric Society.
・Development of a system for extracting clinical information from electorical health records and connecting it to samples.
1. Sugimoto K, Takeda T, Oh JH, Wada S , et al., Extracting clinical terms from radiology reports with deep learning. J Biomed Inform 2021 (116); 103729.
2. Sugimoto K, Takeda T, Wada S, et al., End-to-End Approach for Structuring Radiology Reports. Stud Health Technol Inform 2020 (270); 203-207.
3. Wada S, et al., Extracting Symptom Names and Disease-Symptom Relationships from Web Texts Using a Multi-Column Convolutional Neural Network. Stud Health Technol Inform 2019 (264); 423-427.
4. Takeda T, Zhang D, Wada S, et al., The Acquisition of Structured Clinical Data from a Document-Based Electronic Medical Record System. Stud Health Technol Inform 2019 (264); 1600-1601.
5. Wada S, et al., Mesalazine allergy in a boy with ulcerative colitis: clinical usefulness of mucosal biopsy criteria. Clin J Gastroenterol 2016 (5); 302-5.