Division of Fostering Required Medical Human Resources
Infection Control Team
Status : Endowed Chair Assoc. Prof.
Research Field : Clinical infectious diseases, Clnical epidemiology
I graduated Kyoto University School of Medicine. I completed jounior residency at Aso Iizuka Hospital, and did senior residency in general internal medicine at Rakwakai Otowa Hospital, and fellowship in infectious diseases at Kameda General Hospital. I finished Diploma in Tropical Medicine & Hygiene (DTM&H) at Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, and completed the doctor of public health course in Kyoto University School of Public Health. After working at Kyoto City Hospital and Department of Infectious Diseases, Kobe University Hospital, I moved to the Department of Transformative Infection Control Development Studies, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine in June 2022. I wrote “A Manual of practive of "Cold" and was involved in the preparation of “Manual of Antimicrobial Stewardship" published by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare in Japan as an expert comittee member of the Health Science Council in the Nationa Action Plan for Antimicrobial Resistance. I developed the “Refresher Course on Cold Treatment" for learning the contents of the “Manual of Antimicrobial Stewardship". I will continue to promote the proper use of antimicrobial agents in clinical practice.
Board Certified Fellow of the Japanese Association for Infectious Diseases
Fellow of The Japanese Society of Internal Medicine
・Appropriate use of antimicrobial agents in primary care, especially in respiratory tract infections
・Development of Clinical prediction model
1. Yamamoto S, Gu Y, Fujitomo Y, Kanai N, Yamahata Y, Saito H, Hashimoto T,Ohmagari N. Development and efficacy of a clinician-targeted refresher course for treating nonpneumonia respiratory tract infections. J Gen Fam Med. 2018;19:127-132.
2. Yamamoto S, Yamazaki S, Shimizu T, Takeshima T, Fukuma S, Yamamoto Y,Tochitani K, Tsuchido Y, Shinohara K, Fukuhara S. Body Temperature at the Emergency Department as a Predictor of Mortality in Patients With Bacterial Infection. Medicine (Baltimore).2016;95:e3628.
3. Yamamoto S, Yamazaki S, Shimizu T, Takeshima T, Fukuma S, Yamamoto Y,Tochitani K, Tsuchido Y, Shinohara K, Fukuhara S. Prognostic utility of serum CRP levels in combination with CURB-65 in patients with clinically suspected sepsis: a decision curve analysis. BMJ Open. 2015;5:e007049.
4. Yamamoto S, Hosokawa N, Sogi M, Inakaku M, Imoto K, Ohji G, Doi A, Iwabuchi S, Iwata K. Impact of infectious diseases service consultation on diagnosis of infective endocarditis. Scand J Infect Dis. 2012;44:270-5.
5. Yamamoto S, Iwasaki C, Oono H, Ninomiya K, Matsumura T. The first imported case of rabies into Japan in 36 years: a forgotten life-threatening disease. J Travel Med.2008;15:372-4.