Division of Scientific Information and Public Policy
Information Analysis Team
Status : Specially Appointed Prof.
Research Field : Risk science
Ph.D (Doctor of Engineering) in Department of Urban Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, the University of Tokyo. He has been a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at Japan Science and Technology Agency (Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology), Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at Graduate School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Specially Appointed Assistant Professor at "Wisdom of Water" (Suntory), Corporate Sponsored Research Program, Organization for Interdisciplinary Research Projects, The University of Tokyo), Specially Appointed Associate Professor (Lecturer) at the same research proguram, Specially Appointed Associate Professor (Lecturer) at Institute of Industrial Science, The University of Tokyo, Associate Professor at Department of Health Risk Communication, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine. He assumed his current position in August 2021. He specializes in risk science, sanitary engineering, and environmental science. He has conducted research, education and social implementation on infection risk assessment in mass gathering events, multiple risk assessment and communication after disasters.
・Infection risk assessment at mass gathering events
・Multiple risk assessment in disasters and pandemics
・Analysis of risk communication for stakeholder collaboration
1. Michio Murakami, Fuminari Miura, Masaaki Kitajima, Kenkichi Fujii, Tetsuo Yasutaka, Yuichi Iwasaki, Kyoko Ono, Yuzo Shimazu, Sumire Sorano, Tomoaki Okuda, Akihiko Ozaki, Kotoe Katayama, Yoshitaka Nishikawa, Yurie Kobashi, Toyoaki Sawano, Toshiki Abe, Masaya M. Saito, Masaharu Tsubokura, Wataru Naito, Seiya Imoto: COVID-19 risk assessment at the opening ceremony of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, Microbial Risk Analysis, Available online 21 March 2021, 100162. doi: 10.1016/j.mran.2021.100162.
2. Michio Murakami, Tomoyuki Kobayashi, Yuichi Oikawa, Saori Goto, Maho Momoi, Yoshitake Takebayashi, Tetsuya Ohira, Seiji Yasumura, Maeda Masaharu: Associations of the COVID-19 pandemic with the economic status and mental health of people affected by the Fukushima disaster using the difference-in-differences method: The Fukushima Health Management Survey, SSM - Population Health, 14, 100801, 2021. doi: 10.1016/j.ssmph.2021.100801.
3. Michio Murakami, Yoshitake Takebayashi, Kyoko Ono, Aya Kubota, Masaharu Tsubokura: The decision to return home and wellbeing after the Fukushima disaster, International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, 47, 101538, 2020. doi: 10.1016/j.ijdrr.2020.101538.
4. Michio Murakami, Atsushi Kumagai, Aleksandr N. Stojarov, Masaharu Tsubokura: Radiation is not a political tool, Science, 366(6465), pp.581-582, 2019. doi:10.1126/science.aaz3408.
5. Michio Murakami, Masaharu Tsubokura, Kyoko Ono, Masaharu Maeda: New "loss of happy life expectancy" indicator and its use in risk comparison after Fukushima disaster, Science of the Total Environment, 615, 1527-1534, 2018.