Division of Fostering Required Medical Human Resources
Specimen Analysis Team
Status : Endowed Chair Assoc. Prof.
Research Field : Infectious Disease
Graduated from Jichi Medical University. After engaging in remote medical care, I have been conducting clinical and basic research on infectious diseases and infection control at Infection Control and Prevention Department in Osaka University Hospital. My main research themes are the mechanism of pneumonia and transmission mode caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae and drug-resistant bacteria, and the establishment of a novel pathogen detection system.
Board Certified Fellow/trainer of the Japanese Association for Infectious Diseases
Board Certified Fellow of the Japanese Respiratory Society
・Development of new sample analysis system
1. Hamaguchi S, et al. Capsule Prolongs Survival of Streptococcus pneumoniae during Starvation. Infect Immun 2018; 86.
2. Zafar MA, Hamaguchi S, et al. Capsule Type and Amount Affect Shedding and Transmission of. mBio 2017; 8.
3. Hamaguchi S, et al. Neutrophil extracellular traps in bronchial aspirates: a quantitative analysis. Eur Respir J 2014; 43: 1709-1718.
4. Hamaguchi S, et al. Case of invasive nontypable Haemophilus influenzae respiratory tract infection with a large quantity of neutrophil extracellular traps in sputum. J Inflamm Res 2012; 5: 137-140.
5. Hirose T, Hamaguchi S, et al. Dynamic changes in the expression of neutrophil extracellular traps in acute respiratory infections. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2012; 1130-1131.